WHERE TO START. The insistent “breathe!”-cow, the Jamaican (?) rooster, or the key weirdness of the shriveled elf-man and his skinny jeans, displayed to such flexible effect. Yogie Okey Dokie’s Yogi round-up (sic from video) is the singularly most disturbing thing I’ve received all week, and it is a struggle to pinpoint the most offensive or perplexing thing about it, because there is just so much to work with. Examples to follow.
- Um, the opening shot of our new friend Yogie Okey Dokie and his hind-quarters-over-head thing.
- The dance at 0:18 (trust, it is downhill from here).
- From 0:31… I have no words. NEEMMPPHGGHH… UNGH… yeah, no words.
- 0:42: RUN, CHILLEN!!!! RUUUUUUUUUUUUN!
- The “chicken scratching in the dirt” at 1:19.
- What immediately follows (“Nmmmmmemememe.”)
- What happens right after that (hands-down yogi town.)
- “Nice anvil, Christian!” at 1:49.
- Followed by, “Nice tomato! I’ll save that for my sandwich!”
- Followed by farm animals going, “Mmmmm, hmmm, mmmm.”
- VEGETABLE, vegetable, VEGETABLE! (at 2:06) and the subsequent tongue-thrusting insanity.
So… yeah. Everything IS terrible. I don’t think yoga for kids is a bad idea at all, and I don’t think that this guy is a pederast – I think he’s just enthused. But this is such an undeniable and compelling trainwreck I’m pretty sure it qualifies as high art.